New Orleans and Carrollton Rail Road Company transfer station, 1901.
The original photograph carries this note:
Front view of transfer house at Carrollton Ave. & Poplar [now Willow] St.--showing the normal condition without cars--the galvanized iron covered can seen was placed there by order of city, and is used for keeping scraps of paper,
sweepings etc. collected at stand so that the place may be in a neat and cleanly condition--
Photograph by Charles T. Yenni.
From Civil District Court #62696 (Muller vs New Orleans and Carrollton Rail Road Co.)
Back to Recent Additions