Louisiana Division
New Orleans Public Library

John N. Teunisson Photograph Collection
Page Three


These four photographs were taken in the Fisk Free and Public Library, housed in St. Patrick's Hall on Lafayette Square, ca. 1896-1906. The library had been formed by Ordinance #12,217 C.S. on April 15, 1856 from a merger of the Fisk Library and the "City Library," formerly housed in City Hall (Gallier Hall). Within a few years, library would be known as the New Orleans Public Library and would (in 1908) move into its first real home, the Carnegie financed Main Library building at Lee Circle.

"Fisk and Public Library of N.O. LA" is printed on each photograph. See individual photographs for additional physical details.



36

37

38

39