John N. Teunisson Photograph Collection
Basketball game, Young Men's Christian Association gym, ca. 1903-1910
The YMCA gym was a canvas roofed "structure" was located between the YMCA building at 815 St. Charles and the Spofford Mansion (original home of the Poydras Female Orphan asylum next door), leased by the YMCA as a residence hall in 1903. The gym featured two basketball courts and a running track.
[8 x 10"; mounted on black board; embossed "Teunisson Photo"]