Property of the Charity Hospital
In addition to the property actually occupied by Hospital buildings and facilities Charity also had several income-producing real estate holdings. For the year 1907 Treasurer Edwin Marks reported cash receipts as follows: rent of property on Viller Street, $240; rent of property on Freret Street, $281; lease of Union Press, $1,320.28; and rent of batture property (by the Texas and Pacific Railway Company), $2,857. The total was sufficient to pay for the Hospital's 1907 bread supply with almost enough left over to bury its deceased patients.
Back to September Images