Bourbon and Canal Streets
"A fine Ionic building, was designed by Gallier & Dakin, architects, and its erection begun in the autumn of A.D. 1835, under the direction of Mr. D. H. Twogood. It was completed in the summer of 1837, and consecrated during the same year, the Rev. Mr. Wheaton being pastor.
The cost of the edifice was about $70,000. The form of the ceiling, being a very flat dome, is much admired."
Back to October Images