|5120 St. Charles Ave, one of the best-known buildings on St. Charles Avenue, was built in 1907 for the Marks
Isaacs family. Later it became the residence of aviation pioneer Harry P. Williams and his wife Marguerite Clark, a star
the silent screen. Several years after Williams' death, the house was sold to Robert S. Eddy, and in 1948, Mr. and Mrs.
Harry Latter, purchased the mansion in order to donate it to the
City of New Orleans in memory of their son Milton, killed on Okinawa, to be used as a branch of the
New Orleans Public Library. The photograph was taken ca. 1930 from the Dufossat street side.
| Back to November thumbnails