This house at the corner of Prytania and Jackson Avenues (2127 Prytania) was built in the Greek Revival style in 1857-1858 for Alexander Harris, a cotton factor, and designed by T.K. Wharton. Later, the house was owned by the John H. Maginnis family and later still was the property of the Red Cross. In 1954, the building again became a private home; more recently, it has been divided into apartments. Allison's photograph dates from April 14, 1956.
Back to November thumbnails