Images of the Month Gallery--Part 2
|Eads Plaza, at the foot of Canal Street, was the site of this ca. mid-1950s display of NOFD's fire-fighting resources.|
|This report from the Louisiana Rating & Fire Prevention Bureau details one of the thousands of incidents that have demanded Fire Department action during the past 100 years.|
|A welder's torch set off this July 25, 1968 fire at Maison Blanche on Canal Street. The fire went to four alarms, but the firemen were able to limit damage to just $4,000. Photograph by Ted Picone.|
|Firefighters battle a December 23, 1968 blaze at the McDonogh #38 Annex, 1835 Erato Street (the old Zachary Taylor School). Twenty-one pieces of fire equipment were used to fight the four alarm fire. Damage to the structure amounted to $25,000. Photograph by Ted Picone.|
|Mayor Moon Landrieu presents awards to four firefighters for their heroic acts during the year 1971. From left, the honorees are: William Hoffman, Sigmond Joshua, Lawrence Hickerson, and John Foley.|
Back to Images Archive
Return to Part 1 of the Images of the Month Gallery.