|CITY OF NEW ORLEANS|
"SW p wh b. Jeffersonville, Ind., by Howard, 1881. 290 x 48 x 8.5. Engines, 26's--10 ft.
Five boilers, each 44" by 30 ft., four flues. Paddlewheels 38 ft. dia., with 15 ft. buckets. Owned by the
Anchor Line. Capt. A.J. Carter, master, in 1885, with Archie Woods, clerk. Same team, 1891. In 1896,
Capt. A.S. Lightner, master, with J.W. Langlois, clerk. She was brought under her own steam in May 1898
to Harmar, Oh., where much equipment went into the CITY OF PITTSBURG at the Knox Boat Yard."