The St. Claude trolley bus crossing the Industrial Canal bridge on its way back from its eastern terminus at the American Sugar Refinery. The St. Claude streetcar stopped running at the end of 1948 and was replaced by regular buses. Later in 1949 the buses were in turn replaced by trackless trolleys. Gasoline-powered buses returned for good (we think) in 1962. The only remaining question: is Councilman Walter Duffourc waiting for the bus to pick him up?.
Back to June Images