Lagniappe--Higgins was Everywhere!|
The Higgins plants on City Park Avenue, on the Industrial Canal, and at Michoud were not the only properties in New Orleans occupied by the gigantic company. Other Higgins outposts could be found on St. Charles Avenue, North Scott Street, and South Claiborne Avenue at Jackson. The firm also put the old Pythian Temple to use. The photograph below "is a view of the new 'Industries Building,' located on South Saratoga [now Loyola Avenue], corner of Gravier Street. This building houses the new employment headquarters for Higgins Aircraft, Inc., Higgins Industries, Inc., and the Higgins Engine Company, Inc., replacing the several employment offices of these plants."
[from January-March, 1944 (p. 60)]
Back to June thumbnails.|
Visit the National D-Day Museum online.