|In the June gallery, we included a photograph of the demolition of one of the old corner
towers at Jackson Barracks, necessitated by the 1912 collapse of the levee in front of the post. This photograph
shows the dismantling of the administration building, which also had to be moved back to accommodate the new levee.
|| Back to July thumbnails