This photograph of the old Charity Hospital, dating from June, 1935, is somewhat unusual for the simple fact that most photographs of the building were taken from much farther away, showing the entire building. It is also of interest because it was taken during the building's last year of existence. In 1936, this building (the fourth charity hospital that stood on this site on Tulane Avenue) was demolished to make way for the huge complex that stands today.