The WPA built the bath house at the beach in 1941. The WPA caption supplied with this photograph praises its modern design, with its "rounded corners instead of the more conventional square corners, and glass brick instead of windows for natural lighting." The WPA also boasted that the new facility could house 2000 bathers at one time. The interior featured locker rooms and tile showers, and the bottom floor was open at the sides and used as a shelter and picnic area. The WPA also built the concrete ramp extending from the bath house to the edge of the sand beach.