Marine Bank & Trust Co.
The Marine Bank & Trust Co. was organized in 1918 at 704 Common St. in the St. Charles Hotel building. Its first president, former Hibernia Bank Vice-president L.M. Pool "nearly got writer's cramp signing up the subscribers," wrote the Morning Tribune, "who came in faster than he had ever dreamed." In 1921, the bank took a 20 year lease on the entire lower floor of the Cotton Exchange. But in 1928, they merged with Canal Bank & Trust.
Back to January Images