|The Howard Library building, September 19, 1948. Built in 1888 to house an independent research library, it is the only building designed by Henry Hobson Richardson to be erected in the city of that renowned architect's birth. From 1948 into the 1950s the building housed a radio station owned and operated by the Times-Picayune. In later years the structure housed, among other things, the offices of the New Orleans Saints football organization. The old Howard Library building will soon become part of the new Ogden Museum of Southern Art.