Wheeler & Blake
This large structure on Customhouse (now Iberville) and Old Levee (now Decatur) Streets was home to a wholesale house furnishing business. Wheeler & Blake sold brushes, brooms, wood ware, willow ware, tin ware, japanned ware, britannia ware, planished ware, hollow ware, table cutlery, lamps, lanterns, and much more. The 1858 building is still standing and has most recently been occupied by the Ambassador bar.
Back to August thumbnails