Odd Fellow's [sic] Hall
Located at the corner of Camp and Lafayette Streets, opposite Lafayette Square, this building was home to more than a dozen subordinate lodges of the Independent Order of Odd Fellows in the Crescent City. The Directory lists Edward Pillsbury as Grand Master of the Odd Fellows in Louisiana. Pilsbury, a commission merchant, later served as Mayor of New Orleans during the years 1876-1878. After the building burned in the 1860s it was replace by St. Patrick's Hall, later to be the first home of the New Orleans Public Library. The site is now occupied by the John Minor Wisdom Courthouse.
Back to August thumbnails