L. W. Lyons & Co.
L. W. Lyons & Co. sold clothing, trunks, valises, umbrellas and other personal furnishings from the corner of St. Charles and Common. The firm carried fashions from Paris, London, and New York and advertised itself as a "Youths', Boys' and Children's Clothing Emporium." The firm occupied part of a row of six stores build in 1855 for J. W. Zacharie. By the middle of the twentieth century the buildings were being used as the John Mitchell Hotel. The site is now occupied by a Marriott Courtyard Hotel, based on the design of the old Verandah Hotel which stood on the site until it was destroyed by fire in 1855.
Back to August thumbnails