|In 1957 Roger Perlis petitioned to change the zoning at the corner of Magazine and Henry Clay Streets from Two Family to Heavy Commercial in order to relocate his clothing store from its site just down the street. The Planning Commission and C
ouncil agreed that this was not an appropriate change and the petition was denied.|
The photograph shows the property at 6137 Magazine, formerly occupied by the Van Hoven Nursery. Though the building survived the 1957 change sought by Perlis, it did not last much longer. In late summer of 1961 the present Henry Clay Apartments opened o n the corner of Magazine and Henry Clay.
[zoning docket 57/32]
|Back to August thumbnails|