Hotel Grunewald (Part 1)

The Hotel Grunewald (later called the Roosevelt Hotel and currently called the Fairmont) opened at 121-129 Baronne Street in late 1893. The building itself has gone through various alterations since then (an addition on University Place was constructed in 1908, and the original structure on Baronne was partially demolished in 1925). In 1895, it was one of the most sumptuous hotels in town, and it remains today one of the city's finest hotels.