McDonogh School No. 14 (Part 8)
McDonogh No. 14 School was one of many early New Orleans public schools built by money provided by the McDonogh School Fund and designed by famed architect William Freret. The school opened in 1884 at 1116 Jefferson Avenue, but was demolished less than thirty years later, in 1913, to be replaced by a new building designed by E.A. Christy. For many years the school bore the name of James Lewis Elementary; today, the building is the home of Benjamin Franklin Elementary School (more familiarly known as "Baby Ben").