| The 2600 block of Pauger Street being hardsurfaced by the WPA as
part of a city-wide program to improve streets in the vicinity of public
schools, March 28, 1939.|
The old Jefferson Davis School is shown on the right hand side of the photograph. In the 1950s this elementary school moved into a new building (since renamed for Ernest N. Morial). Rivers Frederick Junior High School occupied the old structure for many years thereafter. The building burned in 1995 and was demolished some time later.
Back to April thumbnails