|WPA workmen pouring asphalt on North Peters Street near Conti,
August 11, 1936. This work started under a separate project prior to
consolidation of all street paving under a city-wide project.|
The area to the left in this photograph is now the site of the recently relocated monument to Jean Baptiste Lemoyne, Sieur de Bienville. The warehouses to the right are now part of the Jackson Brewery complex, housing the Hard Rock Cafe, Tower Records, BookStar, and other stores.
Back to April thumbnails