There are now many alternatives to Microsoft's Internet Explorer. Try a new way of surfing the web.
- Mozilla's Firefox
- One of the original open source browsers, Firefox is steadily growing and constantly updated from many great designers. Also available for download here is Thunderbird, an alternative e-mail program.
- This browser's claim to be the fastest is backed up by many studies. It also serves as the go-to browser for cell phones.
- Google's Chrome
- The biggest search engine joins the browser market.
- An open source browser based on Mozilla's work, it is especially designed to work with Mac's OS X.
- A Mozilla-based browser dedicated to integrating all Internet functions (including e-mail, chat and HTML programming) in one program.
- W3C's Amaya
- Browse the 'Net and program HTML all in the same place.
Cyber Safety and Law
- These free tutorials cover web-building software, like Dreamweaver, Fireworks and Photoshop.
- Web Design Library
- One stop resource for design tips, templates and graphic help.
- W3Schools Tutorials
- From basic HTML and CSS to Java and Flash, these easy and free tutorials will help you make better web pages.
- One of the easiest ways to get online and blogging is this free software.
- "A comprehensive Internet resource on technology law."
- The Largest Online Safety and Educational Program in Cyberspace
- All kinds of information on computer and internet related crime, from the U.S. Department of
Back to Subject Links