- The National Institute of Health's " one-stop shopping' area for information about clinical
trials. Here you can
access several databases containing facts about both public and privately supported clinical studies"
- "Dinobase is a dinosaur database with a list of dinosaurs, a
classification of dinosaur, pictures, and more..."
Resources on Ornithology
- How Many?: A Dictionary of Units of
- From the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill's Center for Mathematics and
- How Stuff Works
- How Stuff Works is a great place to visit to learn about how things work
the world around you.
- Hurricane Hunters
- Web site for the 53rd Weather Reconnaissance Squadron, known as the
Hurricane Hunters of the Air Force Reserve.
- Ice Mummies
- The companion Web site for the NOVA three-hour special "Ice Mummies"
originally broadcast on November 24, 1998.
- National Oceanic and
Atmospheric Administration Online Photograph Collection
- Photos of storms, sea creatures, ocean explorers, etc. Some great images
are in here.
- WebElements Periodic Table
- The "the first periodic table on the WWW."
- Powers of Ten
- "View the Milky Way at 10 million light years from the Earth. Then move through space towards the Earth in successive orders of magnitude until you reach a tall oak tree just outside the buildings of the National High Magnetic Field Laboratory in Tallahassee, Florida. After that, begin to move from the actual size of a leaf into a microscopic world that reveals leaf cell walls, the cell nucleus, chromatin, DNA and finally, into the subatomic universe of electrons and protons."
- Terra--The EOS Flagship
- Images and more from NASA's Earth Observing System satellite.
- Visual Interpretation of
the Table of Elements
- A fine page from the Chemistry Societies Network.
- Create A Graph
- This site explains graphs and allows you, interactively, to create graphs using your own data.
- Math Tables
- From the multiplication tables to fourier series tables!
- History of
- From the University of St. Andrews, Scotland
- "This site is composed of many math "fill-in-forms" into which you can
type the math problem you're working on. Linked to these forms is a
powerful set of math-solvers, that can instantly analyze your problem,
and when possible, provide you with a step-by-step solution, instantly!"
Return to Subject Links