- The Baton Rouge
- A full-text version of Baton Rouge's daily newspaper
- Dictionary of Louisiana Biography
- An online version of the DLB, presented by the Louisiana Historical Association.
- Driver's Guide
- The Louisiana drivers' license test guide. In Adobe Acrobat format. Click the blue triangle and proceed from there.
- Gayarre's History of Louisiana
- Full text of the History transcribed from the 1867 edition by Bill Thayer.
- HABS (Historical American Building Survey) Louisiana
- Drawings, photographs and more from the Historic American Buildings Survey in Louisiana. See also the Built in America section in the Library of Congress American Memory for more drawings from the Historical American Buildings Survey and the Historical American Engineering Record.
- KnowLA, the encyclopedia of Louisiana, is a comprehensive, dynamic online reference guide to the history and culture of Louisiana, accessible free of charge. Developed by the Louisiana Endowment for the Humanities.
The Louisiana Online University Information System's home page, including links to the automated
catalogs of Louisina's state college and university libraries.
- Louisiana Creole Heritage Center
- "The mission of the Louisiana Creole Heritage Center [in Natchitoches, La.] is to promote, foster
and engage in activities and endeavors that relate to Louisiana Creoles and their culture. It serves as an
office of support to Louisiana and national Creole communities and organizations, offering advice and
assistance in matters that affect Creoles. The Center also serves as a central clearinghouse/information
bank for these communities and for those seeking knowledge, understanding and appreciation of Louisiana
Creoles and their culture. "
- LOUISiana Digital Library
- Louisiana Calendar of Events
- "Louisianatravel.com is the official travel source for the state of Louisiana. With easy-to-use travel tools and through a variety of rich layered media, our site is designed to capture Louisiana's unique and vibrant culture."
- Louisiana Directory of Cities, Towns and Villages, 2005 edition.
- Louisiana Licensing Guide
- Louisiana Ornithological Society
- Louisiana Historical Association
- Homepage of the organization "composed of members from the professional realm and the general community working together to preserve the state’s historical legacy." The site includes indices to Louisiana History and information on the organization's annual meeting.
- Louisiana Historical Society
Homepage of the oldest historical society in the state.
- Louisiana Page Locale
A very extensive collection of links arranged by parish
- The Louisiana Purchase: A Heritage
- The materials in this collection consist of primary sources that document the heritage, peoples and
cultures of the area that was to become the state of Louisiana during a critical and tumultuous period in its
history, 1800-1815. These sources come from the Louisiana and Lower Mississippi Valley Collections of the
Louisiana State University Libraries, and the New Orleans City Archives and Louisiana Collection of the New
Orleans Public Library. The project is a partnership with these two libraries and the LSU Digital Library and
has been funded by a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
- Louisiana State Documents
- Monthly shipping lists from the Louisiana State Documents Depository Program.
- Louisiana State Government Toll Free Numbers
- Louisiana State Library
- Search the State Library's catalog using the Z39.50 protocol through the Library of Congress
- Louisiana Transparency and Accountability
- "LaTrac's primary mission is to make Louisiana's state government finances, and operations transparent and accountable to Louisiana's citizens."
- Recreational Opportunities on Federal Lands
- Use the drop boxes to get a list of several dozen sites in Louisiana
with links to information on each
- Southern Charities Project
- "The purpose of the project is to uncover the scope and purpose of charitable provision
for the poor in the antebellum southern United States." The site lists 93
societies which operated in Louisiana.
- State Land Office
- The Louisiana State Land Office web site provides access to a wealth of information, both current and historical. Click on the "Document Access" button to find the latter.
- (Link to Louisiana from the States drop-down box.) Stateline.org provides a set
of tools to help
journalists, policy makers and ordinary citizens stay abreast of important
developments in the 50 state capitols, where much of the policy that
governs our lives is debated and enacted.
- Supreme Court of Louisiana Home Page
Find out about Louisiana's high court.
- Tax rates for Louisiana parishes and cities
- Find the sales and use tax rates for Louisiana cities and parishes. From the Louisiana Association of Tax Administrators.
Back to Subject Links