- "The nation's leading source for consumer bank rates and
- Auto Buying Guides
- From NewBuyer.
- Automobile pricing services:
- 1.5 million parts, fast delivery, everything for cars, trucks, vans and
SUVs. Order online.
- Information on crash test results by make and model.
- Federal government information on fuel economy, gasoline prices, fuel-efficient vehicles, and
- A.M. Best Ratings
- "A.M. Best's extensive database of nearly 6,000 life/health, property/casualty, and international
Ratings is now available online." Easy registration required.
- "The fast and easy way to find out how to do just about anything."
- Free Annual Credit Reports
- Facts from the Federal Trade Commission about the legalities of credit reports and where to obtain a credit report.
- Funeral Consumers
- Homepage of a nonprofit consumer organization dedicated to a consumer's
right to choose a meaningful, dignified, affordable funeral.
- Identity Theft
- From the Privacy Rights Clearinghouse.
- National Association of Unclaimed
Property Administrators (NAUPA)
- Find out if you have unclaimed property in Louisiana or another state.
- Pension Search
- Search to see if you, or someone you know, are due a pension benefit. From the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation.
- Many of the databases will be useful to consumers.
- How to remove all kinds of stains.
- This to That
- How to glue fabric to glass, or glass to metal, or ...
- Unclaimed Funds, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of Louisiana
- "Unclaimed funds are funds held by the court for an owner who is entitled to the money, but has failed to claim ownership of it. Most unclaimed funds arise in bankruptcy cases when the checks mailed by the trustee to the creditors are not cashed. Under the Bankruptcy Code, the trustee must stop payment on any check that remains unpaid 90 days after final distribution in the case. The unclaimed funds are turned over to the court to hold for the benefit of the creditor."
Return to Subject Links