Local Galleries and Links
- The Art of George Rodrigue
- The official homepage of the cajun artist and creator of the famous Blue Dog.
- Arthur Roger Gallery
- Arts Council of New
- Information about ACNO grants and projects.
- ArtVoices Magazine
- Local magazine dedicated to arts and artists, edited by Terrence Sanders.
- Big Top Gallery
- Art gallery, music club and learning center in Central City
- Contemporary Arts Center
- One of the biggest spaces in New Orleans and a leader in the local scene
- Jonathan Ferrara Gallery
- "An artist-owned contemporary fine art gallery located in the historic Warehouse District of New Orleans featuring cutting edge works by local, national and international artists including paintings, sculpture, glass, metal works, photography, mixed media and installation art."
- Louisiana ArtWorks
- Gallery and work space for modern artists, funded by the Arts Council of New Orleans.
- Louisiana State Museum
- Website of our state's primary museum, comprising "a complex of national landmarks
housing thousands of artifacts and works of art reflecting Louisiana's legacy of historic events
and cultural diversity."
- New Orleans Glass Works & Printmaking Studio
- "GlassWorks, the sister school to the Louvre Museum of Decorative Arts, is the largest facility for contemporary glass blowing, architectural glass casting, scientific glass flame working, stained glass, fine silver alchemy, copper enameling, printmaking, paper sculpture and bookbinding in the entire South."
- New Orleans Museum of Art
Find out about NOMA's current and future exhibits--and anything else you want to know about the city's
- Newcomb Art Gallery
- "The Newcomb Art Gallery is dedicated to the enrichment of the cultural and intellectual life of New Orleans and the Gulf South"
- Ogden Museum of Southern Art
- The official site of the New Orleans based museum, "home to the largest and most comprehensive collection of Southern art in the world." Find information about collections, exhibitions, and how to get involved.
National and International Resources
- Art Museum Touring.com
- The site includes "sample pictures from many of the Art and Cultural museums and public galleries of our region. Our goal is to have the site feel and look like a digital coffee table Art book. The mission of this website is to encourage you to go and visit in person our participating museums and public galleries."
- The Artchive
- Links to galleries, art criticism and theory, art cd-rom reviews, art forums and other art sites.
"The guide to museum-quality art on the Internet"
- Art History Resources on the Web
- An exhaustive listing from Chris Witcombe, Professor of Art History at Sweet Briar College in
- An on-line art dictionary with over 2600 terms, with illustrations and
links to other related sites.
- Art Museum Network
"The official website of the world's leading art museums."
- Ask ART
- Ask Art is "a privately held corporation dedicated to the creation and maintenance of the world’s most comprehensive centralized database about American artists." Some features of the site are limited to subscribers only.
- The Cave
The famous "gallery" of Palaeolithic art--the cave paintings and how they
were created and preserved.
- Creativity Portal
- Features arts and crafts tutorials,articles, and links to help spark your creativity
- The Louvre
The official website of the famous Paris museum.
- Metropolitan Museum of Art
- The Met's website is a splendid and user-friendly place to explore art history! Search by timeline, special topic, artist or index.
- Museum of Modern Art
MOMA's site presents a full view of the museum's magnificent collection of modern art.
- The website for and about museums.
- National Gallery of Art
The web site of the nation's art gallery in Washington D.C. offers a search by artist or title and a tour by
school of more than 100,000 objects from the art collection, plus online exhibits, educational material, and
- NYFA Source
- NYFA Source, a free resource for U.S. artists, is a national searchable database of grants, services, publications and other information for performing, literary, media and visual artists
- PS1 Contemporary Art Center
- "An affiliate of The Museum of Modern Art, it is the oldest and second largest non-profit arts center in the United States solely devoted to contemporary art."
- World Wide Arts Resources
- "The largest site for contemporary art, art news, art history, contemporary artist and gallery portfilios."
- Yahoo's extensive list of Art
Museums, Galleries and Centers