|Even after his removal to France, Etienne Cordeviolle retained ownership
of the building on the corner of
St. Charles and Common, just next door to Lacroix's store. This 1866 memorandum indicates that the
property was quite lucrative, as one would expect of a building located across the street from the grand St.
Charles Hotel. It is not clear from the document, however, if it was Lacroix who sold the property to Etienne
Cordeviolle in the first place.
|||| Next ||| Introduction ||| Title|