The 1853 directory was the first to list François Lacroix's new business address at 23 St. Charles. The directory identifies him as a merchant tailor, established in 1817, and an "importer of French cloth, fancy casimere, and the best and most extensive assortment of clothing of every description, made in Paris, by the first fashionable tailors, and an elegant variety of gloves, cravats, stocks, etc."

This detail from the Robinson Atlas of 1883 shows the location (at the green dot) of Francois Lacroix's store on St. Charles.

Next ||| Introduction ||| Title