|In 1954, Keller was appointed by philanthropist Edgar Stern to the chair of the
Board of Management of Flint-Goodridge Hospital, then the only medical facility where African-American physicians
were allowed to practice. In 1958, she spearheaded an expansion drive designed to bring the aging facility up to modern
standards. Before the drive was over, Keller and Flint-Goodridge had raised nearly a half million dollars. In this letter,
Mrs. Keller thanks Mayor Morrison for endorsing the efforts of the Flint- Goodridge Expansion Fund.
As a member of the Flint-Goodridge board, Mrs. Keller also fought for the right of African-American doctors to join the local medical society and worked for the employment of black nurses and graduates of Dillard University at Charity Hospital. She was a member of Dillard's Board of Trustees from 1955 until her death.
[Mayor deLesseps S. Morrison Papers]