|New Orleans Incorporated: 200 Years of the City Charter|
Louisiana Division | New Orleans Public Library
p a g e 4
|n e x t . c o n t e n t s|
Section 13 of the 1805 Charter confirmed municipal ownership of all lands that had belonged to the city under the Spanish and French dominations. It was thus necessary for the Mayor and Conseil de Ville to investigate Bernard Marigny’s claim to property on the eastern side of the city before giving him final permission to subdivide those lands into the Faubourg Marigny. Displayed here is the report of a committee appointed by the Conseil de Ville to conduct that investigation.
[Ordinances and resolutions of the Conseil de Ville, 1805-1815]