|New Orleans Incorporated: 200 Years of the City Charter|
Louisiana Division | New Orleans Public Library
p a g e 13
|n e x t . c o n t e n t s|
The building that we know today as the Cabildo served as New Orleans’ City Hall from 1805-1852. This 1838 view shows the Cabildo and Presbytere before the addition of their mansard roofs and cupolas. It also shows St. Louis Cathedral as it appeared prior to the J. N. B. DePouilly renovation of 1849-1851.
[Gibson’s guide and directory of the state of Louisiana, and the cities of New Orleans and Lafayette (New Orleans, 1838)]
[This image, altered by Adobe Photoshop, appears on the title page of this exhibit.]